You need to set up 9 markers (cones ?), as shown on the right.
Follow the course below on these cones following these instructions:
- The triangle is the central cone.
- When you have made your first move, the orientation of your map is determined
- Follow the directions indicated without taking into account the distances
- Keep going and if you are correct, you return to the central cone, the start
- you can time the exercice
- Here is another version. Be careful, the start and the finish are on the outside of the 3 by 3 square ( look at the file that shows the location of the cones). The orientation of the map is given by the start cone and the 3*3 square.
It is an easy way to introduce map orientation to beginners
Sandra Olivier (Rédaction: Nathalie Rauturier)..et Eric Brassart